Sunday 14 August 2016

Matariki


Totara hub was learning about Matariki.
matariki is about celebrating the Maori new year but there one is in June for some reason I do not know.
There is some different activities the activity I have been learning to sew.
This is me making my matariki art.
In sewing we taped a Marae to a window then we grabbed a real thin piece of one soft side and one hard side (the hard side is the glue) piece of paper. We taped it to the window because that makes light and easier to see the Maori house to trace it out. Once we traced it out we chose our cotton, I chose red with black patterns. I ironed it together and it looked pretty fantastic.  We then made stars and sticked them on. The muscle I used to get out of the learning pit was my noticing muscle because I noticed my line of sewing was either to small or to big and I noticed how the model looked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment